New & Recent Selected Discography
This is a selected and regularly updated page with details of recent, present and some future projects
DECONSTRUCTED VOLUME ONE by Chris Marshall presents....
The concept of this First-In-A-Series of albums involves paring back the arrangements and productions of (for the first one) well known songs, and having 20 different debutants and established artistes choose what to sing in a fresh new way. Angie Brown sings Stevie Wonder's Heaven Help Us All, Wain Kara Douglas sings Sondheim's Being Alive while La Voix sings Joni Mitchell's Both Sides, Now. Opening with Aaron Alexander singing Queen's Save Me with piano alone, the whole project is a most different and hopefully rewarding experience.
BRAVE by the LONDON GAY BIG BAND and FRIENDS
This album by the amazing London Gay Big Band was produced by myself at Abbey Road Studio 2, with some singers and overdubs being completed at rpl studios, London. After being semi-finalists in Britain's Got Talent, the band have sold out their tours around the world, and this album features 13 of Europe's Greatest Jazz and Stage singers, such as Ian Shaw, Clare Teal, Claire Martin, Ria Jones, and Olivier winner Sharon D. Clarke. Along with an EP "Red Hot" & an Xmas Single too, their studio recordings have great reviews, as does the Band Live.
HAMARTIA by BIAO (Forthcoming release)
Biao is the Pop performing name of Madrid singer/songwriter and Counter Tenor Nacho and this forthcoming album has been mastered at Abbey Road, and with videos being filmed now, watch this space!
DIVA BREAKDOWN by LA VOIX
La Voix has recorded this First Album containing brand new tracks, arranged and produced by myself, plus some live recordings, remastered and recorded to produce a debut full of variety to accompany the vast array of different shows sheets doing at the moment. The CD is available from the La Voix Shop, and please note that there are included two tracks recorded with her Britain's Got Talent associates, the London Gay Big Band.
(THE MYSTERIOUS) MISTER BLONDE by JAMES BIDDLECOMBE
Biddie aka James Biddlecombe and I first played on stage together at the Blitz Club, Covent Garden, London on December 1st, 1980 in his live act Biddie and Eve (with Eve Ferret), where I also met long time collaborator and guitarist/songwriter extraordinaire Roddy Matthews, who contributes to this debut album by Biddie, mostly produced by myself, and available online and at the Shop here on CD. New album material and live shows are being prepared as we speak.
LOVE IS/ANSWER YOUR HEART by DREAM ON DREAM
Jeff Mason and I (Chris Marshall) met in 1979 in London, wrote and played in bands together ever since. Toured Spain and made a few singles (one was called Strangeways, and is still available on 7" vinyl I think) and an as yet Unreleased album.
This Limited edition CD single was a minor hit and is available again.
Other Recordings & Projects
- James Biddlecombe, New Tracks (Broadband Bossa Nova, I've Never Been in Boyz)
- Gari Glaysher, Assorted Tracks (Angeli in Cielo, Win)
- Jonathan Hellyer, Assorted Tracks (Come Here First, You Make me feel Brand New), He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother (CD Single, Limited, Available Here)
- Sarah Moule, Sometimes It's Best (To Say Goodbye) written by Chris Marshall
- Aaron Alexander, Assorted Tracks (But Doi, What You'd Call A Dream)
- Dave Pop! (Unreleased track, Equal)
- Jake Benson, Assorted Tracks (Broken, written by Darren Francis)
- My Christmas Carol, written by Chris Marshall
- Aruan Duval, Assorted Tracks (Hypnotise, Sunshine, Budapest, Windmills on my mind, Condition of the Heart)
- Chris Pearson (The Parting Glass)
- Jeff Mason (Assorted Tracks)
- Chris Marshall & Assorted Artistes: Songs From The Globe
- Chris Marshall presents.... Deconstructed Volume Two: The Originals